In today’s tutorial I’m talking new Glossy Card and Floral Statements, again! I spent a happy morning getting inky with some daubers, a spot of heat embossing and our wonderful new edition to the Basic Card products; Glossy Card stock (find it on Page 194 Annual Catalogue 2017). What more could a girl want? Not much to be honest, I was very happy playing with some wonderful new colours and this new glossy card.
One of my lovely customers asked “what is glossy card” to which I replied, “it’s card that’s glossy” which looking back on it, wasn’t very helpful! Sorry Sara! I don’t know what else to say though really, because it is basically white card stock with a glossy coating on one side. The answer should really have included what you can USE it for! This is where the playing and the daubers come in! Do you ever get frustrated because your sponging or daubing doesn’t come out clean? Does it have swipe marks you don’t want? Yep, mine did too but I learned to do it really carefully. No longer the case folks! Now with Glossy Card you don’t have to be careful, just sponge roller it on, or daub away and it just smooths & blends beautifully! This card looks lush doesn’t it? Want to know how I made it?
Glossy Card and Floral Statements Step by Step
First, rub your Glossy card with your Embossing Buddy, I cannot stress how important this is. Glossy card does attract powder as it can be quite static. Stamp the Thanks from Floral Statements using Versamark and heat emboss it with Clear Emboss Powder. Next add some Lemon Lime Twist with a sponge roller to the top & bottom corners. Roll it back & forth as often as you wish until you get the colour you want. Then use Sponge Daubers to go in & smooch some Berry Burst and Fresh Fig into the mix! Wipe away the excess with a paper towel and the words and roses pop out! Finish it up with some of the pretty Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon which ties and flows beautifully and you’ve got a winner!
- Base card is Berry Burst A5 folded in half
- Lemon Lime Twist layer is 14.4 x 10 cm
- Glossy Card is 13.9 x 9.5 cm
I did another version in blue too (because a girl needs choices, right?)
Want to give this a try at home? Buy the bits you need, click on the images below or this link to Buy Now in my shop.
I would love to see YOUR makes over on Queen Pip’s Crafty Corner Facebook Group – click here to Join today!
Crafty hugs, Pip x
#QueenPipCards #StampinUp #papercraft #InspiringYourCreativity
– Use my Monthly Giveaway Code for all orders under £150 in the Host Reward box on your Basket screen online. I will send you a special thank you from me and a share of the rewards next month. Ordering over £150? Keep the rewards for yourself! Click here to read more .
– Click HERE to Join my fabulous team the Royal Stampers today! Just £99 for £130 worth of products! Click here to Join now! or Click here to read about us!
– Fill in the Subscribe form below to keep up to date with all the news and get exclusive projects from Queen Pip Cards