We are getting in a Birthday mood with Around The Corner from Stampin’ Up! It’s such a fun set to use and quick too! Today I’m sharing how to make this Party Hat card!
Put On Your Party Hat With Around The Corner
The tricky bit is getting the candles in a different colour to the rest of the stamping. To do this we use a different type of masking. Rather than masking off a stamped image this time we mask the part of the stamp we want to colour differently.
- Place washi tape over the candles on the stamp.
- Ink the stamp up but do NOT stamp it.
- Remove the washi tape and colour the candles with the Write Marker (using the Marker to Stamp technique)
- Huff on the stamp to ensure it’s not too dry & stamp your multi coloured image!
- Stamp the top corner and 2 hats in Grapefruit Grove and then stamp a hat in Tranquil Tide on a spare piece of Whisper White
- Cut out the hat & pop it on with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Queen Pip Tip
You can do this with any stamp set you like! Washi tape is a great way to mask off areas of any stamp, ensuring you can colour just the bits you want to!
Easy huh? Who’s going to give this one a try? Let me know – post me a COMMENT HERE! All the bits you need to make it at home are below.
Before you go, don’t forget the 2 amazing offers on this month!
Crafty hugs, Pip x
Pip Todman aka Queen Pip
Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator
#QueenPipCards #StampinUp #papercraft #InspiringYourCreativity
- Click HERE to Join Stampin’ Up! for just £99. Choose £130 worth of product and don’t pay shipping! PLUS 10 FREE Ink Pads in July!!! Plus 20% off until at least Dec 2018! WOW what an offer. Join my fabulous team the Royal Stampers today or Click here to read about us!
- Use my Monthly Host Code RAQYSBZ3 for all orders under £150 in the Host Reward box on your Basket screen online. I will send you a special thank you gift from me. Ordering over £150? Keep the rewards for yourself & still get my gift! Click here to read more .
- Fill in the Subscribe form below or on my side bar to keep up to date with all the news, special offers and exclusive projects from Queen Pip Cards & Stampin’ Up!