We’re rocking around the tree tonight, with our Christmas Countdown day 9! Today we’re preparing a little something in case Father Christmas pops down the chimney for us … it’s always polite to leave a little gift out for him to take away with him (or eat there and then!).
So today I thought, what better than our Curvy Keepsake Die to make a Father Christmas shaped gift! A little curvy (just like him) with a sparkly buckle and some goodies!
These are so easy to make and if you’re careful with your cardstock then you can make 2 out of a 12 x 12″ piece of cardstock.
- Cut out 2 Curvy Keepsake shapes from Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Punch out a Curly Label in Gold Glimmer paper
- Punch out 2 circles using the Owl Punch and Basic Black cardstock
- Cut out a strip of Basic Black cardstock to fit one of your sides with the handle shapes on top
- Cut out a square of Basic Black and stick in the middle of your Gold Glimmer Label and then attach your Label to the Basic Black strip so it looks like his belt & buckle.
- Curve all sides gently with a bone folder
- Stick the two Curvy Keepsake shapes together so you have two handles opposite each other & then slide the closing slits over them
- Attach a star, cut with your Star Framelits, or use one of the 3 cute tags that come with the Curvy Keepsake die, to the box with some bakers twine
A very simple and easy to produce table favour, Father Christmas gift, Boxing day gift or just for friends & family to receive as a little present. I think anyone receiving one would be delighted, and you don’t have to stop at Father Christmas shaped ones, there are plenty of other ideas out there on Pintrest – Snowmen (Whisper White & Basic Black), Rudoplh (Chocolate Chip) – check out the You Tube video from Stampin’ Up! to see some other ideas too.
If you’d like to purchase the Curvy Keepsake Die or anything else, just click on the links below.
Many thanks for stopping by again, love Pip x