Happy Tuesday! Today I want to suggest something for your next home decor project. This was one of the projects we did at Spring Retreat and everyone loved it. Even before they had finished the design and put it all together, so many of the guests knew exactly who they would give it to, or where it would sit in their home!
It really isn’t as hard as it might look at first glance. Here are the things you need for your next home decor project:
- Any Designer Series Paper pack
- Some matching card stock
- Matching Classic Ink pads (I used Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum and Mint Macaron)
- Special Reason Stamps
- Matching Stylish Stems Framelits Dies
- A frame from IKEA (this is a Ribba 23.5 x 23.5 cm frame)
I stamp and cut out lots of flowers and leaves, if you do a few more than you think you’ll need you can always use them for something else, or you might find that you need them when you do your frame layout to add some more depth.
Take the inner out of the frame and add your choice of papers to the back to cover the aperture. Then create your front design. I always lay the flowers and leaves out first so I get a feel for how it should look.
Next work out which flowers or leaves you’re going to glue down first. Use our Multipurpose Glue because it gives you a little wiggle room / time. I also used Stampin’ Dimensionals and Foam Strips to add height, these frames are shadow boxes, so you have about 1″ before the glass, so you can go wild with your 3D elements.
Do you notice how some of my flowers disappear under the frame edge? You should leave a little gap around the edges of the frame because it sits on a wooden spacer which means you lose a bit of your design if you don’t leave the gap. I didn’t leave that gap, which is why I had to curl up the flowers or leaves a little or let them disappear under the edge!
Well, I hope I’ve inspired your next home decor project, if so you can buy the Stampin’ Up! products from me now. The best news is that the Special Reason stamp set is discounted!
Click here to shop, but be quick they’re retiring end of May!
Have fun, I would love to see your projects over in Crafty Corner – not a member? Click Here to Join Crafty Corner!
Crafty hugs, Pip x
#QueenPipCards #StampinUp #papercraft
– Use my Monthly Giveaway Code for all orders under £150 in the Host Reward box on your Basket screen online. I will send you a special thank you from me next month. Click here to read more .
– Click HERE to Join my fabulous team the Royal Stampers today! Just £99 for £130 worth of products! Click here to Join now! or Click here to read about us!
– Fill in the Subscribe form below to keep up to date with all the news and get exclusive projects from Queen Pip Cards